So…long blogging break just happened.
To bring you up to speed: Lil’ Asian Nugget was born on June 19. We called her Miriam Elise. She’s a generally happy baby. We love her. Hoping she’ll soon get the hang of this sleeping through the night thing…
Last week, she turned three months old!
- Height/Weight: Not sure…no pediatrician visit this month. She has moved into 3-6 month clothing. Most brands say 12.5-16.5 pounds, so I think she is in that range.
- New developments: Laughing out loud happened at the end of August for the first time…is beginning to reach for objects and/or swat at objects hanging above her. Imitates sounds she hears when we laugh, talk, make baby noises, etc.
- Nursing sessions/day: About 7. Every three hours except in the middle of the night–she is averaging about 5 hours in the night without eating.
- Sleep habits: Goes to bed between 7 and 8:30, dream-feed at 11ish, gets up anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30 (though, today she was still asleep at 8:45…I had to wake her up for us to go to Bible study!) Two naps, both between 1 and 2 hours long, on a good day. Many days, naps are shorter.
- Best time of day: first thing in the morning
- Transportation: We use her carseat (Chicco KeyFit 30) and its travel system stroller for quick trips in and out of stores or at the mall. At Target and the grocery store, I usually put her in the Baby Bjorn. I still occasionally use the Moby Wrap at home. Now using the Phil and Teds Explorer stroller that we recently bought on our morning walks and my walk/runs around the neighborhood.
- Halloween costume: Picked out, purchased, but not sharing until the holiday. Where’s the fun in that?
- Looking forward: To the holidays…going to the pumpkin patch next month, showing her off in her Halloween costume, traveling to visit family (she’ll be meeting them for the first time) for Thanksgiving, celebrating our first Christmas together, buying her baby’s first Christmas ornament!
(Borrowed this list from Writing Chapter Three.)